Skip to main content

I want to resize a shape, like a circle, depending on the value of a linked data field. How can I do this.

Basically I want to create a bubble chart where, based on the value of liked data, I have circles that I can put anywhere in the diagram, but change their radius based on a linked data field from a Google Sheet.

Hey @bill.nelson -- thanks for posting! If you take a look at our Dynamic Shapes article, it should give you the details on how you can do this. 

Hope this helps!

I looked at that. The dynamic shapes are limited to things like pie and bar charts. Cool stuff. But I want to resize the diameter of a circle.

Essentially, I want to be able to make a bubble chart with circles/bubbles that change size dynamically. 

I can do it in Excel, but would rather not.

Hey @bill.nelson -- thanks for the reply! So, unfortunately, this is functionality that we don’t currently have. 

However, it something definitely worth getting in front of our dev team. Please provide feedback on this feature as well as suggest new ideas here. All feedback and ideas are put in front of our Product Team for their consideration. 

For details on how feedback submissions are collected and considered, check out this community post!

Apologies for the disruptions this may cause in your workflow -- we will be sure to post updates in the Community when this feature is made available again!

Hi! I’m Abby from Lucid, jumping in here to share about Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!