Skip to main content

Is there a way to prepopulate a post it or Lucid card with custom fields? i.e. - task, duration, resources have these on a card for people to fill out?

Hi @rvassilatos 

Not all shapes in Lucidchart allow direct text entry by double-clicking. Containers, Venn diagram circles, and some flow chart shapes might fall into this category.

• Instead of double-clicking the shape, try adding a text box or sticky note from the shapes menu. Drag and drop it onto the shape or your desired location and enter your text there
  • Else, create a text box with your content and then group it with the shape. Select both objects, right-click, and choose "Group" to keep them linked.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

thanks for the response. When I did this, the text box isn’t obvious to the user. I can leave the ‘type something’ text in there which is fine but, when grouped, for them to start they would have to double click into the ‘grouped’ shaped/text boxes then double click again to start typing. It’s not the best user friendly experience

Hi @rvassilatos, and thanks @Humas1985 for the great tips! 

Another alternative would be to add a note to the post it or Lucid card. To do that, double-click the object and select Add note from the menu. 

How to add a note to your shapes 

Result

We’re very interested in hearing more about your feedback and committed to continually improving our products! If those options don’t work for you, would you be willing to share your idea with in the  Product Feedback section of this community? To do that, please first search the Product Feedback section (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if your idea has already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request– this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: