Solved

Org Chart Hierarchy

Badge +1

Is there a way to adjust the hierarchy in an org chart? 

I used the feature where I am importing all of my information. I want my org chart to be built not only to visually see who supervises who but also at which level they are in. For instance, my organization has 5 levels for the sake of argument. A supervisor is on Level 2. She directly supervises people on Level 3 and 5. Visually the chart automatically puts the person on Level 5 directly under the supervisor on Level 2 thus creating the allusion that this person is on the same level as the Level 3 people that she supervises. Is there a way (outside of doing it all from scratch) that I can move this person down the chart but still have them connected to the Level 2 supervisor?

icon

Best answer by Eric R 3 May 2024, 15:02

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @matt.riley 

Lucidchart's org chart import native capability is not offering a way to directly specify hierarchy levels during import

Would you prefer other possibilities like -Making it at with manual repositioning?

• Select the Level 5 person's shape in the org chart.
  • Drag and drop the shape down below the Level 3 shapes.
  • Hold down the "Shift" key while dragging to maintain a connection line to the Level 2 supervisor. This ensures the supervisory relationship remains together regardless of the visual shift
  • By this method the position of the Level 5 person in the chart is adjusted per your expectations

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Badge +1

So unfortunately when I hold the shift key, nothing changes from when I am not holding it down.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @matt.riley, chiming in here: What you are describing is currently not possible natively in Lucidchart. If you would like to have two employees at different levels reporting to the same supervisor in an org chart, check out this Community post (in English) to learn a workaround. Hopefully this can help you realise your use case!

We’re also very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if this idea already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439