New feature

New Microsoft Graph integration and upcoming Copilot plugin!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We are excited to announce that the Microsoft Graph integration with Lucid is now available. Refer to our Integrate Lucid with Microsoft Graph and Copilot article for information on set up and functionality. This integration will allow you to search for existing Lucid documents from the search bar on your Office 365 home page.

Additionally, we will soon be releasing a Copilot plugin. This will allow you to search for existing Lucid documents, as well as request AI-generated summaries of your docs. Keep an eye out for updates on when this will be going live!

Comments

Badge

@Ashley C Hi Ashley.  we ran through the steps for the  Integrate Lucid with Microsoft Graph and Copilot link and we are getting an error message that says:

“Failed to create external data connection”

The user that is setting this up is a Lucid account admin and a Global Admin in our Azure AD environment.  We are not sure why we are getting this error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @chartley, thanks for this question and apologies for the delayed response! Can you please confirm at which step in the process outlined here you are receiving this error message? Is it after pressing “ok” in step 10?

Next, to help us identify the cause of the problem, could you try accessing your Lucid account and setting up the integration in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

If those don’t resolve the problem, can you please reply with a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Badge +1

Hi @Micah and @chartley - did you ever resolve that issue? I’m getting the same error message. I get the error after clicking Accept on step 7 here.  I am in an incognito window and off VPN. Here is my console output:

Badge

@Micah and @tstone I spoke to our Azure Active Directory guys and they started a conversation with our Azure vendor.  Evidentially there is some configuration that needs to be done on the Azure side to get this working correctly.  That is according to the vendor anyway.  Waiting to hear back now.  When I get some more info back I will post again. 

Badge +1

@chartley really appreciate you keeping us updated! Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@tstone @chartley Thank you both! I am also raising this additional context internally and will follow up as soon as I’m able with an update. 

Badge

Our Tenant does not have the Start Setup link in the Graph Connector Setup process.  Anyone Else?

Badge

Our Tenant does not have the Start Setup link in the Graph Connector Setup process.  Anyone Else?

Never mind.  I was looking in the wrong place.

Badge

I also just see the “Copy Link” and “Lean More” buttons and no Start Setup.   so where should we be looking for it?

Badge

I also just see the “Copy Link” and “Lean More” buttons and no Start Setup.   so where should we be looking for it?

This is the path to the Microsoft Graph API Install page:

Lucid Admin Panel > App integrations > General page (link to page).

Badge

Found it, thanks. but now I get the same error “

Failed to create external data connection”
Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi all, thank you so much for your patience as we investigate this issue. After escalating and working with Microsoft, one possible cause might be that the admin setting up the integration might not be scoped to have the ability to create app registrations, which would lead to this error. If you are willing to join a call with our team to verify if this is the case, please PM me to set up time - we’d be incredibly grateful!

Badge

Hi Micah,

In our case I’m one of the global admins setting up this integration, I’ll PM next week if I’m able to get some time.
The “Enterprise Application” and “Service Principal” were both created automatically by the process, but we still received the same “failed to create external data connection”:

Lucid Graph Connector App automatically created with these permissions and “Admin Consent” has been granted:

ExternalConnection.ReadWrite.OwnedBy

Application f431331c-49a6-499f-be1c-62af19c34a9d
Allows the app to read and write external connections without a signed-in user. The app can only read and write external connections that it is authorized to, or it can create new external connections.

ExternalItem.ReadWrite.OwnedBy

Application 8116ae0f-55c2-452d-9944-d18420f5b2c8
Allows the app to read and write external items without a signed-in user. The app can only read external items of the connection that it is authorized to.

User.Read.All

Application df021288-bdef-4463-88db-98f22de89214
Allows the app to read user profiles without a signed in user.

User.Read

Delegated e1fe6dd8-ba31-4d61-89e7-88639da4683d
Allows users to sign-in to the app, and allows the app to read the profile of signed-in users. It also allows the app to read basic company information of signed-in users.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Brandon - Pattern, thanks for following up with this detail - it  looks like you admin account was able to grant our application's permission. However, what Microsoft suspects is that your admin account might not have the permission to create the App Registration.
I believe your admin account need roles that has microsoft.directory/applications/createAsOwner and microsoft.directory/applications/create permission that lives somewhere here:

Badge

Oh, very odd... I do create app registrations all the time, so just based on that I was confused.
I added both of those roles to my account temporarily, and everything worked.

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Brandon, thanks for getting back to me - that’s great news! Apologies for the confusion, and thank you so much for your support and patience as we looked into this with Microsoft. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.