Skip to main content

Starting in the last couple of days (on both Firefox and Edge), I have been having a frustrating time with LucidChart:

1. A document doesn’t load the first time. I always have to reload the page.
  2. Often it takes me a lot of clicks (5 or more) to select the text inside of a shape
  3. Documents aren’t always auto-saving. I closed one browser and opened documents in another, and changes didn’t appear.
  4. Copy styles isn’t always enabled (though the key commands still work).
  5. Grouping doesn’t always work.
  6. Selecting a shape in a group can be dodgy.

I am running Windows 11. Both of the mentioned browsers do not maintain any history, cookies, etc on closing (which I did repeatedly). I have rebooted my laptop and the problems persist.

This was working fine prior to the new year (and may have worked the early part of last week), but it definitely has had issues in the last couple of days.

There are other usability issues that I could see being intended functionality, but those have been there for a while.

Apparently, I can only edit for a short period of time.

1. Clicking on a shape moves it to a different area, either temporarily (as when checking distance between shapes, by holding the mouse button down) or permanently (if doing a full click).

1. Text in objects randomly gets a light blue underscore.

Hi @Scott Z101, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community!

Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post (in English).

It’s also worth noting that Lucid is optimized for Google Chrome, so if you haven't already, please try opening your documents in that browser to see if it resolves the issue.

As for the usability issues you mentioned, we are continuously looking for ways to improve our products and your input is the most effective way to achieve that goal. You can post new ideas in the Lucid Community and these ideas will be shared with our product development team for consideration. Before sharing your idea, please explore our community to find existing suggestions. Upvote or comment to voice your support, as all feedback is channeled through our community.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

I downloaded Chrome (which I didn’t particularly want to do) and am continuing to see issues 2, 4, and 6 mentioned above.

I’m also seeing some additional ones (that were also noted in Firefox and Edge, as well as Chrome):

1. When using both Shift+arrow and manually refining a shape’s x-y position in the shape tool dialog, the position doesn’t update correctly (as in goes the wrong way, or doesn’t move at all) when trying to do manual refinement
  2. Shift+arrow adjustment of lines requires a mouse adjustment of the line first
  3. Moving multiple selected shapes sometimes only moves the shapes and not the arrows with them.
  4. Some shapes don’t have the draw-arrow functionality (i.e., I need to copy an arrow and manually attach it to the shape)
  5. Font size adjustment doesn't always work

When able, I’ll try the other things that have been suggested.

Thanks for following up with this additional information, @Scott Z101! Would you mind clarifying which shapes you are trying to use that do not have the draw-arrow functionality?

Also, for issue 2, if the text is inside of a shape that is part of the group, it will take additional clicks to access the text as you have to open the group first. Is this the case for the document you are working in, or do you see this issue in all documents?

Another thing worth noting, for issue 11, is that the shapes at both ends of the line need to be selected to move the line. If needed, you can select the needed shapes as well as the line to move everything together. 

For these and the other performance issues you are experiencing, these may be caused by interference from browser extensions. Attempting to edit in an incognito/private window will rule out this possibility.

If these issues persist, can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

It is a custom shape (rounded-corner rectangle) that loses the draw-arrow functionality, though it doesn’t happen all of the time. It may be related to shapes copied in from another document, but I’ve not verified that.

OK, the text-clicking problem is happening on a shape that is part of a group of 1 (i.e., it was a copy of a compound shape, but I deleted all of the other shapes… and assumed that it would automagically ungroup).

Usually the lines connecting shapes do move with the selected shapes. However, on fairly rare occasion, only the shapes move.

Issue 8 is also being noted on Chrome. The line sometimes will appear on a failed copy-paste of text from one shape to another (i.e., I do a Ctrl+C of text from one shape then Ctrl+V to another shape, and what I’m attempting to paste over gets the blue underline but my text doesn’t copy… I verified that the text was copied as I can paste it into Notepad).

Example:

OK, I verified I can do a paste-insert without the line showing up; a paste-overwrite leads to a failed paste and the underline… and it happens when just moving text within a shape.

I think I’ve gotten the underlining in other ways.

I understand that I should try this in private mode. I’m using this to keep track of my observations so I can remember what issues were occurring where.

I appreciate your thoroughness here, @Scott Z101! I will continue to do some testing on my end as well, but I can also take a look at your document if you would like.

I’ve been playing around with this, and most things clear up with reloading the page (or closing/opening the document). So, it looks more like a corruption in the session rather than in the document itself.

Hi @Scott Z101, I’m so glad to hear that! I apologize for the delay from this weekend. Please let us know if these issues arise again, as we want to make sure that Lucidchart is performing properly for you.