Lucid links not working in Microsoft Office apps

• 12 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have generated links to a few Lucidchart files that I want to add into a Microsoft Word and Excel document. When I control-click on the links I am presented with the following error message:

'Outdated Browser. Lucidchart no longer supports Microsoft Edge Legacy but it does support the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge. Read below to learn how to update your browser'

If I copy and paste the link into the search bar the file opens perfectly so I'm not sure why the error message is appearing only when I control-click?

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Keval

Thanks for posting in the Community!

As a first step I would recommend following these  troubleshooting instructions:

• Try to open the link in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Sometimes issues like this can be related to internet connection speed or network security. Please to open the link again on another network ensuring that you are on a strong stable connection.
  • Try duplicating the document in Lucidchart and try embedding the link from the duplicate.

If these steps don't resolve the issue please let me know.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Leah

I have tried using a different network and duplicating the document but I am still having the same problem. Using incognito mode isn't a viable solution for us as these Lucid files need to be readily available for a large number of users. I am also in contact with our IT team as it may be an issue on our side.

Thanks

Keval

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Keval

Testing in an incognito window helps us know if the cache and cookies on your browser are interfering with the performance of the software.  It is a way for us to determine what may be causing the error you are seeing. Could you try testing the feature in an incognito window? If it works in an incognito window the issue could be caused by interference with some cache and cookies in your browser. If that is the case I would recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

If you have tried those solutions and the issue still persists could you please submit a support ticket here

After you submit a ticket we will contact you via email to assist in resolving your issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Leah

We have found an alternative method that means the links can be opened fine.

Thanks for the help!

Badge

Hi Keval,

please tell me what alternative method you used since we have the same problem here.

Thanks!

Best regards

aserbes66

Hi Leah

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey @aserbes66 -- thanks for posting on this thread! @Keval K would you mind to help out @aserbes66 and give a bit more insight into how your team solved this issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Phillip W ,

@aserbes66 sent me a private message and I’ve responded there.

Thanks

Badge

Hi Leah

Thanks for the help!

Hello - Can you PM me your findings?  I am running into this similar issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @dachtera just sent you a message