Skip to main content

Is there a way to hover over a shape and see that it has a link when no layer is selected or do I need to be on that layer to see the links? When toggling layers - even when that layer is in view - one cannot see the links - how do I access the links?

Hi @christina 

Can you try entering in to Inspect mode that allows you to hover over shapes and view their properties, including any links attached to them. 
you can find the links even when they're not visible on the canvas

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Thanks @Humas1985  - that sounds like a good idea - how do I enter into ‘inspect mode’?

Hi @christina  - Right click on the object / shape to get in to inspect mode.

@Humas1985 I don’t have that option - some of the items are locked and or grouped - even for the item not grouped or locked - that option doesn’t come up...

It is strange !!

Will you able to share a screen shot ?

Hi @Humas1985 

These are my options…

Hi @christina, thank you for posting in the community and thank you @Humas1985 for helping with troubleshooting! I’d be happy to help as well :)

@christina - would you mind clarifying what you mean by “hover over a shape and see that it has a link”? Are you referring to shapes with a URL applied to it? 

If that is the case, to trigger the Action or open the link on a shape, use the hotkey reference you see when you hover your cursor over the shape. On Mac, this is Shift + Command + Click. On PC, this is Shift + Ctrl + Click

Could you please give this a try and let me know if you see any improvements? Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for or if you have any questions! 

Thanks @Leianne C for this - yes before if you hover over  a shape the link would show, but when I closed the doc and reopened it, it wouldn’t show. So Shift + Ctrl + Click. will work if you click on the shape first - thanks for this.

I see that if you only have your layer on the background/ main layer, it will just show the link if you hover over the shape, but if you have multiple layers it won’t show the link if you hover over the shape - you need to actually click on the shape and then Shift + Ctrl + Click.

Is there anyway to override this at all and always see the links without having to click on each shape?

Hi @christina, thank you for following up! I’m glad to hear that Shift + Ctrl + Click works for you!

Just to confirm, for the past experience that you described in your response, is the link that shows when hovering over a shape the prompt to press Shift + Ctrl to view see the shape highlighted, or do you mean the URL applied to shape was displayed? 

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to always display URLs applied to a shape. If you hold  Shift + Ctrl, shapes with links added to them will be highlighted in Green, which can help you identify which shapes have URLs applied. 

However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

We appreciate your willingness to provide your requests and feedback in the Lucid Community!