Solved

Link the same data source to 2 different smart container charts allowing updates in one smart container to be reflected in the other

Badge +1

I’m looking for a way to link the same data source to 2 different smart container charts allowing updates in one smart container chart to be reflected in the other.   The 2 different smart container charts are views of the data from different pivot fields.   The goal is when I update one of the smart container charts (i.e. move a box from 1 containter to another container), the update appears in the other smart container.

icon

Best answer by knield 9 May 2024, 20:23

View original

Comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ScottMaselli

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community. If you are on an Enterprise account, you can do this through Data Linking. You can link the same data set to multiple smart containers and then make changes through the data you linked to change the containers.

However, you can only make changes to both containers at the same time through the linked data instead of manually in the document. 

You can refer to this article for information on data sets in smart containers and this article for more information on data linking. 

Badge +1

Hi,

One more question.  How do I know if my organization (MSK) is on an Enterprise Account?

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ScottMaselli

You can see what subscription you are on in your Lucid Home Page. You can also what plan type you have by going to Account Settings > Overview > Current License. 

Badge +1

Below are snapshots I took.  I see Lucid Suite is eligible for enterprise but not sure if our version (Team Spaces - Beta) is eligible.

I see this on the account setting 

and I see this on the home page

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ScottMaselli 

It looks like you are on an Enterprise account. Lucid Suite is an Enterprise account type. 

Badge +1

Sorry...I have another question.  I imported the data using the data panel and linked it to a google sheet.  How do i now associated this imported data to a smart container?

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @SCaton,

Thank you for the reply. I apologize I was just made aware by our team that the functionality I mentioned is not possible in our product. 

However, we are continuously looking for ways to improve our products and your input is the most effective way to achieve that goal. You can post an idea in our  Product Feedback Section and these ideas will be shared with our Product Development team for consideration. 

For details on how feedback submissions are collected and considered, check out this Community post

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.