Skip to main content

A text box with font size 10:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

A text box with font size 10 letter spacing = 4:

1    2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

A text box with font size 10 letter spacing = 10:

1          2         3         4         5         6         7         8         9

Hi there thanks for posting in the community! Unfortunately this sort of letting spacing is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our Product Feedback section? These ideas are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and we pass that information directly to our product development team.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you. For any other users with questions about text please begin by review this Work with Text article and post any questions below!

I am having the same problem. The spacing is not lining up right and the text is not in the middle of the actual text box. So trying to place the details on a connection line to ID the properties is looking pretty bad. Seem a lot of the problems I am having the responses are to send a comment to the engineers. Seem this software was never developed for corp use and just as a brain storming tool. If you want details it's still under developlement. 

Hey there

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Would you care to post a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end -- I'd be happy to take a look at what you are experiencing. 

Thank you for your help and patience! 

For instance if in the same text box the spacing itself is not spacing properly. The IPADDR is too close to the Uplink ID. Text box adjustments no matter if centered bottom or top there seems to be a large open space so the text is not really centered in the text box. So when creating a box for behind or even trying to center text with an object it's not really centered and has to be freehanded.  Second the letter and numbers are to close together smooshed together and unable to see a setting to add spacing for letters. Other fonts work but the customer wants this current font. Placing at 100% is very limited to view and printing it out seems to make it worse. 

Also I am unable to change the text direction created with the line and have to created text outside and place it over the lines. Left right are the only choice with up and down not available or with the angle of the line.  

It's coming to the point where I am having to make everything bigger for the proportions for the text to not over take the details of the design. but the customer is still upset about how tight the letters are. 

Then theres the Isometric view that I can fudge but the text direction can not match the 30 degree of the line so it still looks straight taking away of the iso drawing. Can be fudged with shading but can still be seen as the same size text. I had a few cases tickets forms about that and was told to submit a request for the future. These features are with other applications available for windows but Mac not so much. I will require to stand up VM with a windows machine to use them. Bringing me to the next point of why does Lucid chart take so much resources from my system to run? To the point where it's taking GBs of memory cause spreadsheets to be crippled on the local machine until I close the browser and reload the design? This occurs with Chrome and Firefox. Running a MBP 16 with latest  13.4 32GB memory with a 1GB up and down connection to the internet. It's having to do with the site because it happens with no other browsers open or tabs. Just local  system excel sheets. 

Sorry for the long response. I have been working more on getting this app to do what it should be able to do than the actual design tasks and very frustrated. I have contacted the forum and other avenues directed to for about every questions I have asked to be told to send to development. I just want to get these designs completed quickly so that I can start implementing this solution. 

Hey there

Thank you for the detailed reply and apologies for the delay here. I wanted to make sure to get answers to all of these questions you've asked and after many conversations with our Product and Development team it seems as if this type of design you are attempting to create is currently not possible within the parameters you have stated without some manual manipulation. However we hear you and I would like to let you know that this has seen the eyes of our Product Team for them to consider in future iterations of Lucidchart. I know that is a small consolation for what you were asking -- I do sincerely apologize for any disruptions this lack of functionality has in your future workflows. 

Please continue to reach out to us with ideas to make using Lucidchart easier for you and your team! Firm handshakes 🤝