Skip to main content

This is the format I have. Is there any way to change this around so I can import it as tables into Lucidchart?

Investor(SSN Name)

Consultant(Consultant_name website)

Build(Project_id Company_Name Complex_Name)

Office(Complex_Name Number Manager Phone_number)

Design(Engineer_SSN Complex_Name City map)

Supervise(Worker_SSN Supervisor_SSN)

Work_On(Worker_SSN Project_Id)

Hire(Company_Name Employee_SSN)

Invest(Project_ID Investor_SSN amount)

Consult(Consultant_name Project_ID Investor_SSN)

Hi Josh

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community. You can learn how to import a database schema into Lucidchart in the Create an Entity Relationship Diagram help center article. If this does not help please let us know exactly what you're trying to do and we would be happy to look into the situation. 

I've tried doing this and it imported some tables but some tables are missing.   are there any limitations to this import process?  thanks.

Hi Jerry thanks for posting! No there shouldn't be any limitations that would do that. If you ran the query and it didn't return some tables would you be able to verify that you have sufficient permissions to access those tables within your DBMS? If after checking this that isn't the issue please follow up in this thread with the details of your import so that we can take a closer look at what could be going wrong. Thanks!

Is there a work around to import a schema that is XML based?  Or compatible with MS Access files?

Hi Nils

Thanks for posting. Our import supports MySQL Oracle PostgreSQL and SQL Server. See this article: Entity Relationship Diagrams

I would recommend looking up conversion software from XML to one of those.

As far as native MS Access files those are not currently supported. We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience posted in the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, other users can upvote it and add details of their own. For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.

Thanks!