Question

I can't add connector lines in LucidChart

Badge +2

I think there is some setting turned on ...or off on one page of a LucidChart drawing I’ve created.  There are multiple tabs to the drawing, but this issue is only happening on one tab.  My cursor looks like a star of four arrows versus a pointer tool and I can’t figure out what I’ve turned on or off. 

I can’t draw lines between boxes.

Comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @A Beaver

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Can you provide a screenshot of what your cursor looks like so I can take a closer look at the issue? 

Badge +2

The top screen shot is when I’m clicked in the drawing.  The bottom is when I’m in any other drawing or not clicked in the drawing in question.  I can’t get a screen shot including the cursor which is NOT a triangle pointer shape ...it’s a four-sided pointer shape.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @A Beaver

Thank you for the response. I believe the cursor you are referring to, appears when hovering over a shape. Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

Badge +2

@knield ,

oZqLjHS06c6R

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @A Beaver

Thank you for providing that support pin. Which page tab on the document is experiencing this issue? 

Badge +2

First tab - “High-level Flow” and on the third tab “Copy of High-level Flow”.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @A Beaver

In the document I’m seeing that there are a lot of shapes that might be causing your cursor to be different, however I was able to draw lines clicking on the shape and then clicking the dots on the side of the shape. 

I’m not seeing the same issue on my end. Can you send a screen-recording of the issue you are running into?

Badge +2

OK … I’ve added a video inside the drawing.  I think the PIN is still good.

Badge +2

If that video isn’t helpful, I’m happy to set up a Zoom meeting with you if you are able to provide your email address and working hours.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @A Beaver

Thank you for providing that video in the document. It looks like your pointer changes because you click into a large shape at the top of the diagram. The top line options are greyed out because you have that shape selected. You can still add a line by selecting a different shape and dragging from one of the blue dots that show up (in previous video above). You can also add lines by using the shapes panel. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Badge +2

Maybe we need to do a Zoom meeting because I have ZERO control over this flow ...adding lines, trying to copy large sections of the flow to cut or copy and paste somewhere else.  I don’t want to have to rebuild this thing but as it sits today it is useless to me and I don’t want a repeat of this on any other flow.

My email is abeaver@humana.com if you want to contact me privately.  

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @A Beaver

I’m not seeing the same issues you are on my end, and I apologize but currently our Support Team doesn’t take calls over zoom. Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post (in English).