Skip to main content

In the Lucidspark board settings there is an option for “snap to guides” but I cannot figure out how to actually place guides? I can’t find any helpdesk articles, tutorials or anything else. Would love a pointer in the right direction because I’m starting to think they don’t exist anymore for some reason and the “snap to guides” toggle is an obsolete artifact. Thank you!

Hi @mcramer, thanks for posting in the community! The guides features is a way to create custom guidelines in your board. To place a guide, simple right click on the desired location and you’ll be able to insert either a horizontal or vertical guide. 

You can then turn on the feature “snap to guide” to allow your shapes to snap to them. You also have the ability to clear all guides at any time by opening the View tab in the toolbar, and hovering over the Guides menu. 

For more information on guides, please review this help center article. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Hi @Addie , unfortunately what you are showing is Lucidchart, not Lucidspark. Right-clicking in Lucidspark does not show any guide options.

edit: Down below is the right-click menu in Lucidspark.

Hi @mcramer, thank you for the clarification and apologies for the confusion - you’re right, we don’t have guides as a native feature in Lucidspark. We do offer this feature in Lucidchart! The reason you can view turning them off and on in the document settings in Lucidspark is because universal canvas allows certain features to carry over and be utilized and viewed from Lucidspark. 

Apologies for the confusion - and please feel free to offer your feedback on this experience here in our product feedback area of the community.