Skip to main content
Solved

How to create a space for dropping circles like in Salesforce Cards

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I would like to create an area that I can “snap” circles into like in Salesforce Cards shapes.  In the image below, I can drag and drop a circle into the gray spaces and they “snap” into the card with the right dimensions and are automatically “grouped” to the card so that when I drag and drop, the snapped images move along with the card.  How do I create these gray circles myself?

Here’s the above card with a few circles snapped in:

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Tom Barad 

Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid. There is however a workaround for what you have in mind (see gif):

• You can create your own icons by picking a shape and a filling. In the example below I used a circle which can be designed further (line style, line width, size, etc). Fill color > Select a fill color, then pick an image from your library or a color to fill the shape with. You can save those in your Shapes library to use them in the future.
  • You can directly drag shapes from the Shapes library onto the card/canvas and position them the way you wish. In the example below I used Salesforce shapes. 

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439

Let me know if this helps! :)

Badge +1

Thanks, @Zuzia S .  Sharing this idea link in case anyone else reads this question and wants to up-vote: