Skip to main content
Solved

How can I wrap text within a shape so it doesn't overflow the shape borders?

• 1 February 2023
  • 7 replies

How can I wrap text within a shape?

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Gerardo thanks for posting in the Lucid community - I'm happy to help! If you have your font size set to a specific number the shape should expand as you type to encompass the text:

If you set the font size to "Auto" your text should automatically resize to fit within the existing shape:

Note that if you have an extremely long word you'll see slightly different behavior - while "Auto" font size will cause the text size to decrease and fit in the shape text sent to a specific font size will overflow the borders of the shape. In this case I recommend either manually resizing your shape or changing your font size. 

I hope this clarifies the intended behavior - please let me know if you have additional questions!

NVM I realized it doesn't support single word wrap

-----------------------------

Could you help me with my case? I typed text in shape but it automatically overflow

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @xuewei as Micah mentioned above the reason the text is overflowing beyond the shape is because you have your text set to a specific text size. If you'd like the single word to stay within the shape you can select the text change the size setting to "auto" and it will automatically adjust the size to stay within your shape. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have additional questions.

Badge

Hello Addie,

This doesn’t make sense because on auto the text would be too small to read.

What we are asking is to keep the text size fixed and wrap the text inside the shape.

Thanks,

Vincent

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Vince! Thanks for the response. With text inside the shape, you can either choose the size that works for your preferences, or choose the auto setting. As stated above, when selecting auto, the text will automatically shrink to the appropriate size in order to stay within the shape. If you would like to see an additional feature with text sizing, please feel free to leave us feedback for our developers! We collect all product feedback in the community, and often source ideas from our users. 

Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Badge

I want to be able to arch the text so it can work in a circle chart, is there a way to do this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @mikahbaylee, thanks for posting in the community! All text formatting options are listed here in this help center article. 

Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please review my comment above about how to share feedback in the community! We’d love to hear you feedback. For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: