From Jamboard to Lucidspark: Ask questions and get support here

• 28 September 2023
  • 44 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you’re new to Lucid and you’re coming from Jamboard, welcome! 

On September 28th 2023 Google announced the deprecation of Jamboard in the upcoming year. We’re excited you’ve made the choice to use Lucidspark and Lucidchart in your classroom, office, and anywhere else you may have used Jamboard in the past. We’re confident you’ll love Lucid as much as we do.

This post is the right place to ask questions about how to use Lucidspark tools and anything else you need support with regarding the change. Lucid experts are monitoring new posts and responses on this thread and are ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise—we’re here to help make the process as smooth as possible and help you learn to use Lucid like the pros.

Here are some of our best resources we recommend starting with:

Additional resources for educators:

• See the Welcome to Lucid for Education help center article to learn more about our free educational plan, recommended integrations, and more resources.
  • Explore the Lucid for Education homepage for more ideas on how to use Lucid in the classroom, find lesson plans, use templates, and browse educator resources.

Ask your questions in the thread below. And feel free to use this space to share tips and tricks you’ve found that may help others as well!

Comments

Badge

Has the Migration tool been released yet?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JoSenja, the migration tool is set to be released in early February! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@JoSenja Great news! The Jamboard migration tool is ready. You can read more and see the steps in our Import Jamboard files into Lucidspark article. Feel free to follow up in this thread if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ashley C , I have been following the step by step guide to migrate my Jams, but for some reason, I am unable to import my Jams. After I authenticate, I dont see my Jams to select and import.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Mr Gee

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Do you mind trying the following steps to see if they resolve the issue? 

1. Login into your account and go to Account Settings
  2. Click on Apps & Integrations > Lucidspark 
  3. Navigate to Google Drive 
  4. Unlink your account and then refresh your page
  5. Relink Google Drive to your account (make sure it is linked to the correct account)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if this does not resolve the issue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ashley C , I have been following the step by step guide to migrate my Jams, but for some reason, I am unable to import my Jams. After I authenticate, I dont see my Jams to select and import.

Hi, I have the same problem. When I authenticate, the same google page reappear and I dont see my Jams to select and import.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Mr Gee

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Do you mind trying the following steps to see if they resolve the issue? 

5. Relink Google Drive to your account (make sure it is linked to the correct account)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if this does not resolve the issue. 

When I go to Account Settings/ Apps&Integration/Lucidspark /google drive, I can’t Save modifications. So google seam never connect.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @FrenchTeacher

Thank you for the reply! Do you mind sending a screenshot of the issue so I can take a closer look? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @knield 

Tank you for your help. I send many screenshots : first in settings of lucidspark

then three scans when I try t connect my google drive account.

After this 3 pages, I return into the fisrt page and I can’t register, it’s look like the connexion with google doesn’t work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @FrenchTeacher

Thank you for providing that information! I have converted your post into a support ticket so we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Badge

Hi,

I’ve migrated my Jamboards successfully but I’m confused at the layout when I open my Jams in Lucid. All the frames seem to be squished into one page.  I would like to be able to open each of the tiny frames to present each frame as a slide.  Your help is appreciated. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Yee Hi! Apologies for the trouble. Would you be willing to share a screenshot of what you’re seeing so I can take a closer look? I am also able to create a private support ticket from your post if you’d prefer to share privately.

Badge

This used to be on 20 different frames in one Jamboard.  Can you please share how I can present each frame?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Yee, thanks for the response. To clarify, are you able to move each frame independently even though they’re placed close together upon importing? Or do they move as a large group? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @FrenchTeacher

Thank you for providing that information! I have converted your post into a support ticket so we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Thanks I have change my email adress and I can access to my google drive. But now I can’t see my jamboard

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Mr Gee

Yes it worked. Thanks so much.

Now there is another issue. My jams are all squished onto a single lucid page. Is there a way to change it so that a single jamboard page occupies a single lucid page?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

It works for me. Thanks a lot

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @FrenchTeacher

Thank you for the reply! I’m glad it worked for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any additional questions!

Badge

Hello, I want to migrate from jamboard to lucidspark. However I am stuck as I cannot find Board Import option in ‘New’.

Is there any other option? I am following this guide https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/18625100378644-Import-Jamboard-files-into-Lucidspark

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Pascale

Thank you for the reply! To import your Jamboard you will need to click the + New button in your document library.

Badge

Thank you Knield for your quick support and response, I managed to do it now. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Pascale Happy to help! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Badge

Hi @Ashley C , I have been following the step by step guide to migrate my Jams, but for some reason, I am unable to import my Jams. After I authenticate, I dont see my Jams to select and import.

Hi, I have the same problem. When I authenticate, the same google page reappear and I dont see my Jams to select and import.

I have the same problem too! I tried it in Chrome and other browsers. It just won’t work. Takes me on the exact same loop as described later in this thread by @FrenchTeacher 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Heyfa, thank you for continuing this thread. If you haven’t already, could you please give the steps outlined in my colleague Kelsey’s comment a try? Please let us know if you see any changes after trying this!

Hi @Mr Gee

Badge

Hi @knield 

Tank you for your help. I send many screenshots : first in settings of lucidspark

then three scans when I try t connect my google drive account.

After this 3 pages, I return into the fisrt page and I can’t register, it’s look like the connexion with google doesn’t work.

im still having this issue, though i created a lucid account with a protonmail email, how was this solved?

if needed i can provide screenshots myself. also is there support from importing  images? this problem persists on mobile. the second page looks a little different for me as it just excludes the other account on my laptop.