Skip to main content

I signed up with my school email. Currently, my account says EDU free, and I am limited to three documents on Lucidcharts.

This page says EDU premium has unlimited document creation. 

My question is, how can I get EDU premium applied to my account?

Hi @Sang

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! An EDU free account is the same as the EDU premium. Although it says unlimited document creation, our free EDU upgrade only allows you to edit your 3 most recently edited documents.

If you make a copy of a view-only document (Navigate to your "My Documents" tab, right click over the document, select duplicate) the system will prompt you to rename your duplicated document, then it will be saved as the “most recently edited”, thus allowing you to make changes. You can do this for any documents that subsequently get pushed to view-only. You can also delete any old iterations of the document without compromising your edits.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks, @knield  That clarifies my confusion. 

I understand the need to limit the “free” usage; however, the advertisement could be more straightforward to save the unnecessary confusion and frustration.

IMO, the terminology could be EDU premium everywhere and clarify unlimited document creation with 3 concurrently editable documents. This clarification would actually make the user experience better.

I enjoy using Lucidchart. Thanks for the great product!

Hi @Sang

Thank you for the reply! I understand the confusion based on the site’s wording. I would recommend posting about this in our Product Feedback section. These posts will be shared with our Product Development team for consideration. 

For details on how feedback submissions are collected and considered, check out this Community post(in English).

Please let me know if you have any other questions