Skip to main content

My first sheet automatically set Yes/No decision lines to red/green but everything after that has to be manually set. I want this feature activated throughout my project. How do I set it?

Hi @ant w thanks for posting in the community - I'm happy to help! Just to confirm are you looking for steps on how to enable conditional formatting so that Yes/No decisions lines are red/green? If that is the case you can easily set rules to  enable this for your documents.

I have also attached a screenshot demonstrating the rules I set for the red No line.

If you're hoping to have this formatting automatically applied to all new documents that you create for your project you can create a template containing these rules. To do this first create a new blank doc and add the required formatting rules. After this you can select File > Convert to Template to change the document into a template. You can also convert the document into a template by right-clicking the document in your documents list. 

This will allow you to use the template as a starting point for new documents and the conditional formatting rules will already be applied to the document! 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to comment in this thread if you have any questions!

Thanks Leianne I have it organised now.

I must say - I would prefer a global setting option here the user can globally set defaults for all these sort of settings for any document. Nevertheless at least I can make it work.

Hi @ant w thanks for following up with that update and sharing that feedback. I can certainly see how a global setting option for all documents would make setting defaults easier. 

We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.