Skip to main content

OK so here is the next thing that is driving me crazy with Lucid, I’m trying to edit the title text in the swim lane on a Technology roadmap and can’t. Clicking on the shape doesn’t work, I have the chart open in Lucid chart editor and selecting properties for Grid Container displays a value field and Name field (see picture on the right) both of these appear to be locked and I can’t change the text from In Progress?! Also all the text attributes (bold, underline, colour, spacing etc..) do nothing to this shape.

What am I missing here?

Hi @AndyB, thanks for your post! 

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you created a timeline in Lucidspark and then selected “Edit in Lucidchart”. The title of each row in a timeline are automatically pulled from the cards in the timeline field you have selected under “Set row” and cannot be set or changed manually. The only way to add a new line is to change the corresponding field of one of the cards to a value that does not exist in your timeline yet (e.g. if you don’t have a “To Do” row yet, you can change the status of one card to “To Do” to create it). You can delete unnecessary rows via right-click > Delete.

Please see the recording below for both of these steps: 

Unfortunately, this means that it is currently not possible to add additional rows outside of “To Do”, “in Progress”, “Done” and “Unassigned” when using “Status” as the value for your rows. However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community  (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Feedback and Feature Requests | Community

OK, so I’m stuck with those 4 hard coded titles

Sorry this seems to apply to all timeline type charts in Lucidspark? I’ve just opened a demo timeline and there seems to be no way of changing the text ‘Not Set’ on the swim lane. Surely this must be editable?

This applies to all timeline shapes in Lucidspark. Currently, timeline rows can be divided by either Status, Assignee or Estimate, the titles of those rows are determined by the values of the selected field present within the cards on the timeline, and the titles cannot be manually changed directly.

I understand that this is not ideal. Adding this as an idea to the Community, as described in my previous comment, is the best way to let us know about your feedback and about features you would like to see changed or added to Lucidspark.  

@AndyB Thanks for this post - I also wanted to let you know that others have shared similar feedback in this thread, and we’d love to hear your additional details there, too!