Skip to main content

By default the date format for date fields (i.e. in a timeline chart) are formatted in USA format (MM/DD/YYYY) how do you change this to the non USA (DD/MM/YYYY) format? And is this possible to be set permanently for your account?

Steve

Thanks for reaching out. You can change the date format via the options menu that appears at the top of the editor once you select your timeline.  I have added a screenshot below to illustrate.

Karsten

How do you change the date format for text inserted into a document?

How do you make this display 13/6/2018?

Thanks

Clive

Clive

Thanks for reaching out. To change the format of a date for text inserted into a document highlight the text click on the "Insert" tab at the top left corner of the page hover over "Date and Time" from the dropdown menu and select the format that best fits your needs. Here's a screenshot you may find helpful.

Hello @karsten b

Please help... I would like to change ALL dates and times to my local country (as I need to jump from different times zones to time zones).

I've added a screenshot to make it easier to understand what i mean...

So for instance i want all these date fields that appear in the Insert -> Last Modified Date & Time option to Australian standard.

So instead of seeing 06-22-2016 it would be"22-06-2016" inside of this menu. And also same for the other formats including the one with my arrow pointing to the DATE TIME format. UROD6_3rvLhJVPuQMY_wAw.png

Changing the DATE / TIME format to standard local format is a VERY basic common function for many many diagram apps it's just as basic and common as changing your Name that appears on your document's header for instance.

Hi Simon 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Unfortunately Lucidchart does not currently support customizing the date/time format for all documents. You will need to adjust that format document by document. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea our Product Feedback section? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. Thanks in advance for your request!

Ideally the user should be able to easily select a date / time format for their needs and regionalisation.

For example - how can there be no option to change the delimiter?
[dd/mm/yyyy] is a common standard format and yet entirely missing.