Skip to main content

Expected: Opening diagrams should happen quickly and on the first try. 

Observed: Opening documents hang, requiring multiple tries, logging out of Lucid completely, closing all Lucid windows, etc. 

Platform: Safari 17.5, MacOS Ventura

Side note: it’s frustrating that we’re unable to report bugs, but rather “Questions” which we cannot even tag accurately. Every product has bugs and setting up your support system in a way that denies the reality of bugs is not reasonable.

Hi @Corinna.CohnATinfarmbureau.com

Thank you for your post and reporting this behavior! I apologize that our system takes you here to post your concern. The purpose of this process is so that we can verify that this is a bug on our end, but we do sincerely appreciate you bringing this up. 

Can you try opening the document/board in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network (or disconnected from your VPN, if applicable)? Sometimes document/board performance issues can be related to your internet security/speed or browser issues, and these steps will help us eliminate that possibility. Please check out this Community post (in English) for an example of this.

If the issue persists, please send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac)

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for the quick response. 
Following your suggestion, I have been able to reproduce this behavior in the same browser using Private Browsing mode. 

Performance with VPN disabled is noticeably improved. Although it’s hard to say for sure, it looks like access to this resource: “https://esp.aptrinsic.com/rte/v1/inapp” is the main culprit. Even while I’m on the VPN, if I reload enough it seems to work; however, if the /inapp call hangs up the entire UI fails to load and requires closing the window and restarting. 

As you can probably understand, my VPN connection is required for work. This problem seemed to start sometime in Spring of 2024. 

Hi @Corinna.CohnATinfarmbureau.com,

Thank you for confirming those details! Can you send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).