Skip to main content

When I want to select an object (click) all the objects are within a blue rectangle
and treated as if they were grouped. I have not done any group.
How do I get rid of this (automated?) behavior?
I want each post-it not to be a single object at once.
The same behavior occurs in Lucidspack with disaster when other Board users want to move
one posti-it note they move the whole bunch.

Hi Anders 

Thanks for reaching out on the community and I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with object selection.

Is this occurring in multiple documents or just one?

If it is just occurring in one document then it is worth double-checking to see if the objects are grouped. You can do this by right clicking on one of the objects in the set. If it is grouped you should see the option to ungroup in the right-click menu.

If the objects aren't grouped please reach out to us here with the URL of the document so that we can take a closer look. Thanks!

I have the same annoying blue box after I selected objects to move to a new lucid layer....I don't believed they are group as there is no option to ungroup them....how to NOT have this annoying blue box with the use of layer?

Hi Wendy

Thank you for posting your question in the Lucid Community! While editing from the main page Lucidchart treats all objects within a layer as collection. If you select a shape in a layer the blue box will appear around all other shapes associated with that layer similar to the functionality of a group.

When you enter the editing mode for that layer the shapes will instead behave individually though the blue selection box for the layer will still be present to indicate the which objects are a part of the layer.

Due to this there is not a way to avoid the blue box when you're working with layers as the blue box outlines the boundaries of the layer you are working within.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Wendy's right though it is incredibly annoying. I think that the implementation of layers is pretty poor. It does not work like any other product I've used with layers and is simply not intuitive to the user. I also don't like the way the mouse pointer always wants to select a line it's frustrating to clear it. There are I think several points where the user experience just feels poor other programs seem to handle user interaction much better. 

Hello Nicholas

Thanks for chiming in! I'm sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with Lucidchart. Although we strive for our user experience to be as intuitive seamless as possible it sounds like on the specific points you mentioned we could do better.

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our Product Feedback Space?

Ideas submitted to this forum are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously as we are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users.

We apologize for any inconvenience and remain at your disposal for any questions you may have!