Skip to main content

Hi

I'm looking to modify my diagram (included below) so that I can add a title on top and a timeline below but currently the diagram takes up the majority of the page. It does not appear that I can resize all swim lanes at once but as well when I try to resize individual ones it does not resize the objects in it. 

If there is no way to resize everything to create more white space on the page is there another way I can increase the space so as to add larger objects above and below?

Thanks

Keenan

Hi Keenan thanks for posting on the community! Swim Lane sizes can by adjusted by dragging from the bottom or right hand side of the lanes. Adjusting swim lane size will not affect the shapes within the swim lane-those would have to be adjusted manually as well.

If you are looking to resize your entire diagram on this page (the swim lanes and the shapes included inside them) to allow for more white space you can adjust the content scale from the Document Settings. To do so go to File>Document Settings and adjust the Content Scale until it is at your desired level. You can also use the Fit to Page feature to have it auto-adjust the diagram to fit the page for you, which could be helpful after you have added your additional objects above and below the existing diagram. Below is a gif on how the Content Scale and Fit to Page features can be located and used.

For anyone else looking for information on creating and using Swim Lanes please check out our Add and format swim lanes in Lucidchart article. For more information on using the Content Scale and Fit to Page features please check out our Adjust document and board settings article.

This kills me. The inability to resize groups of selected objects is silly. 

Hello Tom

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! It is possible to resize groups of selected objects. If you move your mouse to highlight an area of shapes and lines you can scale those items to your liking. The functionality that is not possible in Lucidchart is resizing your swim lane outline and having that automatically resize the shapes within it. Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this!

Hi Sami 

I have the same problem. Grouping multiple shapes together works only with individual shapes. 

But no matter how I try to group swimlane lanes together they will not resize all together. I can't even group swimlane + timeline or swimlane + any other shape (as you stated). But the most important problem is that I can't group multiple swimlane lanes together to adjust their length. 

I think it's really silly that there's no way to ensure swimlanes are all the same length. Are users just counting the number of gridlines to make sure their the same length??

Hello Also

Thanks for participating in this conversation.

It is challenging for me to understand what you are trying to do without being able to see what you're seeing.

Could you share a screenshot of what your document looks like and clarify what you are trying to achieve by providing additional details?

If you do not wish to share your document here as it is a public forum please feel free to reach out to our Support Team by filling in this form.

Please make sure that you include the URL to your document as well as a detailed summary of what you are trying to achieve.

Thank you!

If I try to adjust the lanes I can only adjust 1 at a time. 

I can adjust the rows 1 by 1 like this. But there's no way to ensure they're of the same width. 

I can cmd + click to multi-select several lanes but there's no option to group them or adjust their widths simultaneously: 

Hello Also

Thanks for the screenshots.

Note that 1 swimlane shape in its entirety is considered an object (that is to say 1 swimlane shape with several lanes).

Each lane of your swimlane is not an object per sé and that is the reason why you're unable to group them.

If you select several swimlane shapes (who are objects) you will be able to group them although I understand that is not what you are looking to do:

CIYhJX6HUnpiZvkPZRZfoQ.png

At this time it is not possible to adjust the width of your swimlane shape's lanes simultaneously.

I'd recommend sharing your feedback in the Product Feedback space in this community as well if the ability to resize all lanes at once is important to you.

Using the grid to readjust your lanes is a good way to make sure that their width are equal when you resize them manually.

Let me know if you have questions!