Skip to main content

Hi

Is there a way to add the same set of data fields to all shapes for multiple process diagrams that already exist?

Thank you!

Hi @Marisa B101, thanks for posting! You can add data to a page, an object, a group of objects in your Lucidchart document. This help center article outlines step by step directions on how to do this - let us know if you have additional questions! 

Thanks Addie

I guess I was wondering if I have a set of data fields I want added to probably ALL shapes in ALL of my process maps in Lucid, is there an easy way to do that? Is the article you linked saying I need to create a csv for this?

Or do I need to continue adding the same set of data fields to each individual process map?

Thank you

I’d like to have the same standardized set of data fields (~15) added to all of my process maps, without any actual data filled in. So that in each process map I can add the data as it pertains to that activity in that process.

I would like every shape going forward to include this same set of standardized data fields. For this I already updated the default shapes we used in our shapes library to include these data fields.

But I also want to update all our existing process maps to have tis same set of data fields for all shapes. Currently I am going into each process map and selecting all shapes and manually typing in all the data fields I want. But I wanted to know if there is a faster way to do this, since I want all the data fields to be the same across all our process maps in Lucid.

Thank you

Hi @Marisa B101, thanks for clarifying and sharing a bit more about what you are trying to do. Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439

Hi @Marisa B101! I’m Abby from Lucid, reaching out because I think you, and others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!