Question

Access Denied when opening one of my documents

• 19 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Why do I get the following: “

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "/lucidchart/4a73f356-d780-47f8-9631-0603503d699a/edit?from_internal=true" on this server.

Reference #18.15f36e68.1710853767.440d9c38”

It sounds like the server can’t launch my request.

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, 

Thank you for posting! 

Could you try in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post (in English).

If those don’t resolve the problem, can you please send the following information so I can take a closer look?

• A screenshot of the issue.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

Badge

All or most of my team runs into this issue periodically. Clearing cookies fixes it, as does using another browser. We have our account integrated via SAML for SSO.

It appears that the session cookie becomes invalidated for some reason, but instead of being redirected to login again, the login page cannot be reached due to access denied errors.

The issue is not limited to being on one network or another. It may be time-related, as being offline for a weekend (for example) with multiple LucidChart tabs open has been a case associated with the issue. However, that’s not always the case, and sometimes it will happen in the middle of a day for us.

Also, not everyone is affected at the same time, so it’s not clear that it’s a server-side change causing the issue.

Thanks,
James