Skip to main content

Is there a desktop version (Windows) for Lucidchart so I can work offiline?

Related products: Lucidchart

Hi. I am looking for a process mapping and diagramming tool. I've been trying out the feature Lucidchart in the free online version. Before I decide on subscribing or not I'd like to know if there is a desktop version that I can download into my laptop/desktop so that I can create process maps offline and then sync back onto Lucidchart once I get online. The offline option is important as the internet connection in my area is very slow sluggish and at times quite unstable.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to receiving feedback.

Hi Ninfa thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Since Lucidchart is a browser-based web tool we do not offer a downloadable desktop version. However Lucidchart does have an offline mode available for your browser which covers the use case you describe: Enabling offline mode in your account settings will allow a number of your documents to be available and editable while offline. The changes will then be synced back when coming back online. 

For more information on how to enable offline mode and which features are available offline please take a look at the Offline Mode article in our Help Center. 

Are there any future plans for a Desktop version?

Hi Ahmad

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Unfortunately we currently do not have plans for a desktop version of our software. However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post.

Hi Phillip W

I'm another current customer at a large corporation that uses Lucidchart for all our diagramming need who think you should listen to your customers like us who are actually telling you they need a Windows-based version as well; we're asking because we want it. Listening To Your Customers is Business 101 still isn't it?

The web version is stunted and not great I will tell you. A more richly controllable app-based version would be an improvement.

Hello David

Thanks for adding to this thread!

We totally hear you and understand that you would like to use a tool that adapts to your needs! However the team in charge of monitoring this space and help this community of users is not able to take such decisions.

That is why we recommend everyone who has any feedback and/or who would like to ask for a specific feature to add their thoughts to the relevant thread in the Product Feedback section of the community so that the development team is able to get a better understanding of their needs and use case for the feature.

Thank you!

This is one of the big reasons why we will stick with Miro as our collaboration tool. Their Windows desktop app is excellent.  I dislike nothing more than having 4-5 Lucid tabs sitting among 20 other tabs (and whether I have them in Chrome or Edge). I presume this is a cost problem as the stance from Lucid is nonsensical to me

Hi @stephen h102 thanks for continuing this thread and taking time to voice your support for this feature as well! I've logged your request for review by our development team which they'll consider when prioritising improvements to Lucidchart.

If you're willing to share in this thread additional context about your use case and information about what you'd like to see is especially helpful as our development team works to understand how to better the experience here. Thanks again for your request; please let me know if you have additional questions!

Agreed with the comments above.  The fact that users must wait for internet access to start a new file or even to save an updated version of an existing file seems short-sighted especially for users who travel.  If users with no connectivity can't close their browser or shut down their computer without losing all their offline updates that's a huge concern.  At a minimum there should be an option to save an offline version of the file on your computer which you could open and sync later when internet access returns.  Otherwise the level of confidence I have in doing work in the Lucid app is always going to be directly limited to the level of confidence I have in my laptop battery when I'm traveling (which is not great).

Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.