Solved

Account documents were transferred to another user and now they are not found

• 26 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Our account is set to transfer documents to another user when they are deleted. When deleting (user) and transferring to (user), there are no documents. How can we remedy this?

icon

Best answer by Leianne C 29 April 2024, 07:44

View original

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JeffWires 

When transferring documents in Lucidchart, particularly in the case of deleting from a user account and transferring their documents to another account, it's important to ensure that the process is carried out correctly to avoid losing access to any documents. Here are some steps you can take to remedy the situation where no documents appear to have been transferred:

1. Confirm the Transfer Settings

• Double-check the settings in your Lucidchart admin account to confirm that the document transfer feature is set up correctly:

2. Contact Support

• If you cannot resolve the issue internally, contact Lucidchart's support. Provide them with:
    • Both Email Addresses: Include details of both the old and new accounts.
    • Action Taken: Explain what was attempted during the transfer process.
    • Any Error Messages: Include screenshots or descriptions of any error messages encountered.
  • View more information here: Submitting a Request | Community (lucid.co)

I hope that this is helpful.

Badge +1

Thank you for the info. We require support since the documents did not transfer.

(user) to (user) 

This worked correctly when we deleted (user) and transferred to (user).

We never saw transfer complete. (user) is the only account and the documents from (user) are not found.

https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/community/posts/new

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thank you for posting in the community @JeffWires and @Ria S for helping here!

Since this relates to your account and your user’s documents, I have moved this conversation to a private support ticket for further troubleshooting. Please keep an eye out for an email from Lucid Support! 

I have also removed the email addresses mentioned in this thread for privacy reasons. 

Please let me know if you do not receive an email from us, or if you have any questions!