Skip to main content

You can now work with Jira issues from multiple Jira instances on the same board using our Lucid Cards for Jira integration. To connect each Jira instance, please refer to the Integrate Lucid Cards with Jira article for specific steps. Once you’ve connected each instance you’d like to work with, read on in this article for details on working with both instances in the same board. 

Jira Instance Switcher

In order to switch between Jira instances when importing or creating new Jira issues, use the Jira instance switcher present in Lucidspark. The instance switcher is present in the following locations:

• Import Jira Issues
    • When importing Jira issues, switch between instances to show issues from the specific instance you’d like to import from.
    • AD_4nXdVzHlo3h8AOO7oG_F23iWWT7CHiy6gx4kTOPgG4bGO5kEi8ZJuoVLhQyN8ABWgWarRlD7c7ERb5FxA5BG7dEQ7E3rxO2luzb46bleww95lvofNEVfSKDsP0Xp3g0xlwBrls8kX8ti1skZnenJyTv5H5IDR?key=GkrevvfTXyh4fy5StaHOWw

• New Jira Issue
    • When creating a new Jira issue, switch between instances to create a new Jira issue in the selected instance.
    • AD_4nXebRuEY25Jikf4gJ7RVdVHsecfkQ4S2H8L-yo-bprNDrPL76RQ4bL-5kPeQuqVhFI61aOXeGb-30GsgBoX6TyV8MA3lhP2lYScuDKg0gPMLFm6TdKqvnJOwzxc_RMBvpJVQLbYv5bgmbWKmhy8Bp4ZU6dYd?key=GkrevvfTXyh4fy5StaHOWw

• JQL query sync
    • When using the JQL query sync feature on a dynamic table, select an instance that the JQL corresponds to. Each time the dynamic table is synced, it will only sync the JQL query with the selected instance. AD_4nXejIbOhrubzWpzC5FrtqovZqQ-1Ek0XgplYNDzk7XklgGJHsixSYmGr4mpo0kzUjNR8IQuCx_0kc4oJ1IzdvawiMjSshe_t2_5E4oT88bsrff88fYmGtaEyV4j77kOhWIGLT5pVth4LYVDgRsGLV2el6EjX?key=GkrevvfTXyh4fy5StaHOWw

• Lucid Cards | Jira Settings
    • When configuring fields shown for the Lucid Cards for Jira integration, select the Jira instance that you would like to configure. If you’d like to manage your connected Jira instances, click the AD_4nXdK4k4gi_INfOT0TZyZhnL-VlJF9K_OMTr1a38J1KAwW_cccvD6y4HrGF3liubxinuAuPPG_g5sKYDPPkiI4UNwIsElri2fWF4em5W2EjdWpJB7ySatOo4QkY30zT1QqtvgwV9gajBqYQfDryxO-sSBVKik?key=GkrevvfTXyh4fy5StaHOWwicon.AD_4nXeWYC55OP-fhn_1e0iwl7Oy3CmRgw5JxiXJF60UPReGd0j5aM5bV5a_tAOCru_FZSkVzOVLaYgq86JyOkpwRjUdpwSN1HhXlrS_SQOEtEZGkYTHqClsXQQyMrj2QoFMa2NTpd4nBb43hTfJmNjNH8KhQVgB?key=GkrevvfTXyh4fy5StaHOWw

When using the Jira instance switcher to create or import Jira issues, Lucidspark will remember the most recently selected instance. This behavior does not apply to the JQL query sync dropdown - the selected instance will not change unless you change the selected instance. 

FAQ

Can I work with issues from multiple instances on my old boards?

Yes! All Lucidspark boards will allow you to work with Jira issues from different instances. 

Will anyone on my Lucidspark board be able to create or edit Jira issues?

No - our Lucid Cards for Jira integration requires each user to authenticate with each Jira instance before they are able to edit or create Jira issues in an instance. If a user has not authenticated with a Jira instance, they will be prompted to sign-in to the instance in order to edit or create new issues.

Why can’t I switch between Jira instances on my board?

If you don’t see the dropdown to switch between your connected Jira instances, ensure that you’ve configured at least two instances in your user settings. More instructions can be found in the Integrate Lucid Cards with Jira article.

Be the first to reply!