Skip to main content

I'm trying to take an excel file with dates and article titles to import to a Lucid Chart timeline but so far no luck. Dates are rows and correspond to the article title. 

Hi Wes 

Thanks for posting in the community! Would you mind specifying the issue you're having with the import? 

Sure

When I import Lucid Chart views the dates as a numeric sequence instead of a date. So when I drag rows to the timeline I have to manually place them where they should be as opposed to it automatically placing it on the timeline. Is there a fix?

Thanks for the clarification Wes. Unfortunately since the Timeline shape is treated as one individual shape there isn't a way to dynamically change the intervals through data-linking an Excel file. If you wish to customize or remove the intervals automatically provided you can access these options by clicking on the Timeline in question and making changes as needed through the toolbar that appears on the top of the document. If you'd like to see this functionality added to Lucidchart in the future please fill out our feature request form. Thanks for your patience please let me know if you have further questions. 

Hi, Wes! I know this is a VERY old thread but I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

It won’t fix your timeline issues….yet.  But we’d love to hear more about this use case.

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.