Solved

Where has the model theme button gone?

• 14 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

There use to be a model theme button in the tool bar that would allow you to alter the theme of your entire project. Instead you now have to go through conditional formatting to create a specific theme which is both much more time consuming and more complicated. Does anyone know where this feature can be found now? 

icon

Best answer by Amelia W 17 May 2024, 17:40

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @HL2004, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! You can apply preset theme styles by clicking the Styles icon from the Formatting bar at the top of the left-hand side of the workspace and choose a style from the panel that appears on the right-hand side of the workspace. (see attached screenshot below) Selecting a style using this option affects all shapes currently on the canvas as well as all future shapes.

For more details on how to customize your shapes, check out our Add and customize shapes in Lucidchart article from the Lucid Help Center to learn more about intended functionalities. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Badge

Hello,

I am having trouble with this, too. Is there still a way to apply a theme to the entire document vs individual components or levels (e.g., primary, secondary, etc.)? I may be misunderstanding, but customizing each level is cumbersome. 

Also, how are components assigned to levels? Can I assign all components to one level so as to avoid having to customize each?

Thank you,

Sierra

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Sierra, thank you for continuing this post. I’d be happy to share more details about this! 

To apply a theme style to your document as the default style, you’ll need to deselect everything (a quick way to do this is to click on a blank spot on the canvas💡) then from the Fill Color menu, select the theme you’d like as default. 

Once this is set, all the new shapes you add to the canvas will display with the selected theme. This will not apply to shapes that already exist on your canvas.

To apply the theme to existing shapes, you can draw a selection box around them and select the theme from the Fill Colour menu. 

If you’d like to edit the different styles and change the colors, you can click the Styles icon from the Formatting bar. 

I’ve also attached a GIF demonstrating the steps outlined above: 

Hope this helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions :)