Skip to main content

Hello 

Would it be possible to find out in full what the option 'Publish documents to webpages' consist of. 

To what I can see it allows the embedding of  a LucidChart Document to a webpage. But does this also mean that anyone will be able to see the content of the document that's published without being given access to that document?

Would the document be able to be accessed outside of the embedded webpage in anyway?

Thank you for your help!

Hi Leo - Thanks for your post! You are correct that this option permits the embedding of a Lucidchart document to a webpage. Please reference this Help Center article about Publishing Your  Document for more specifics on this feature and how you can password protect your embedded diagram. If you have further questions after reviewing this resource please let me know. 

Thanks for the quick response Adam.

I am correct to say if that if the option to embed a document in a webpage is activated anyone can get to the document using the source link inside the embed code? And the only way to not allow access to the document to the world would be to password protect the embedded document?

Thanks!

Hi Leo

Thanks for following up. The source link within the embed code is not a valid URL by itself you can test this by attempting to open only the source link in an incognito window. If you embed a document to a web page anyone who has access to the webpage will be able to view the document if it's not password protected. I hope this helps!