Skip to main content

I have exported from Miro as Vector – PDF and trying to import into Lucidspark.  About 1/3 of the images do not get imported and it seems which images do not import changes with each import attempt.  I know this is a beta feature however it is a much needed feature.  

Hi there thanks for posting in the Lucid community! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with the Board Import tool. It sounds like you've taken the right steps to export it and then upload it into Lucidchart so I'd like to continue investigating!

Do you continue to experience this issue if you access your Lucid account and upload it via a private or incognito window? Additionally can you clarify if your images are free-standing or are they part of a frame container or other component of your Miro board?

Please look at the two screen captures.  You can see some images were not successfully imported in either attempt you can see some worked in import 1 but not import 2 you can also see some worked in import 2 but not 1.  

Here is the result of attempt 1

Here is the result of attempt 2

Thanks for getting back to me with those screenshots! I observe what you're describing where certain images failed to import in the first attempt and others did in the second. Can you let me know the size of the vector PDF you're attempting to import? Additionally if you split your original board in Miro into two with a smaller amount of content on each do they import successfully then? I recognize that this is not an ideal solution but I'd like to understand if the amount of content on the board could be the source of the issue. Thanks for your help and patience!

The file for import is 27 MB.  I just have the PDF file and don't have the ability to split it into two files.

Thanks for getting back to me. In order to continue investigating I've converted your community post into a support ticket where we'll be able to take a closer look at this behavior. I'll reach out there for additional information - please refer to the email address associated with your account for this conversation! Thanks for your help and patience. 

I did split it into two with some help same problem of missing images occurs. It was 7MB.

Hi Martin thanks for trying that troubleshooting step and letting me know! I'll follow up with more information in your support ticket.