Skip to main content
Solved

Using Lucid with the Surface Pro + Pen

• 7 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi

Was seriously considering a subscription to what looks like a great tool; HOWEVER; after installing on my Surface Pro and trying to use it with the surface pen its infuriating. (Online & Offline version)

• There's no canvas area pinch-zoom.

• Every time you select an ERD object the keyboard opens in a sectioned off screen area.

• You can't join ERD entities with relationships using the pen unless you're zoomed in.

• The zoom bar is terrible to use.

PLEASE - Sit someone in a room with a surface + pen and get some serious usability feedback. You know that tablets & pens are the future right ? You know you need to address this ? The desktop + mouse is NOT where this product's customer base lies.

This needs to be a slick easy to use product for tablet owners.

I need to do ERD diagrams and the template for that on your desktop version (with mouse) seems really good. I also need to do web-application screen designs and user journeys. I wanted this tool to work so badly on my Surface Pro but I feel really let down I almost had my credit card out for a PRO subscription... I was SO CLOSE to buying it till I trialled it on my Surfcae... :-(

Please fix it... I want to use it...

Hi Paul

Thanks for posting in the Community! Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the usability of a Surface Pen on Lucidchart! While Lucidchart does not currently integrate with Surface Pro pens we are always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and would love to transfer this feedback to our product team. Could you please submit this same feedback in our Feature Request form so that we can use your comments in our recommendations?