Skip to main content

Please help in solving the problem:
It is very hard (and sometimes impossible) to connect with arrows separate blocks that are on top of a grouped layer
I recorded a video to demonstrate (now in YouTube processing)

Hi @Zabrell, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Because your green, outline shape is on a different layer, it will be placed on top of other shapes when toggled on. If the shapes you are wanting to connect are on their own layer as well, you can reorder the layers by clicking the Layers icon at the bottom-right of the canvas, and then dragging them in the order you would like them to appear.

If the shapes you are wanting to connect are not on a layer, but on the page directly, you will not be able to arrange them in front of the shapes on the layer when it is toggled on. The layer will need to be toggled off to edit these shapes.

For more information, check out our article on Layers from the Lucid Help Center. For an example on how to use Layers in conjunction with other features to create a button, please take a look at this Community post (in English). Please let me know if you have any further questions!

@Amelia W Do I understand correctly that putting all other blocks (without "green") on the base layer in a separate layer, which will be placed on top of the others - the problem will go away?

Hi @Zabrell, yes. If you move your blocks to a new, separate layer, this should resolve the issue for you, by ordering that layer above your layer with your green outlines. Please note, all of your shapes would need to be on the page directly in order for you to use the arrange feature, which would remove some of functionality specific to layers. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

then the meaning of the base layer is lost...
I tried to move all elements to a separate layer and enable display of all elements and faced a problem - layers become semi-transparent with respect to each other, not as before in the video

Hi @Zabrell, I apologize for the confusion there, as my wording was a little bit confusing. To use the arrange feature, the shapes will need to be on the page directly, rather than in layer. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the issue you’re seeing?