Skip to main content

Is it possible to set more complex (read as custom grouped elements or a specific shape e.g. Kubernetes Ingress shape) conditional styling for or preset template to be used with UML Markup binding. As beautiful as the OKTA UML sequence diagrams are in the case study I am baffled on how to create my own template that would respond to the UML Markup editor. This ultimately seems that I can build the scaffolding with the UML Markup editor but for any thing past basic shape colors I'm left back to manually drawing by hand or ungrouping the UML elements and replacing items individually both of which render the artifact unable to be easily maintained without large efforts (thus moving me away from LucidCharts and back into a general UML editor). 

Hello Brandon

Thank you for posting in the Community! I apologize for the delayed response I've been trying to test this on my end. Unfortunately you cannot use markup to format the UML diagrams. You can either apply a theme which will format all shapes on a document or you can format by ungrouping and using our formatting panel (which I know is not desired considering you will need to go back and edit later.) I am very sorry for the inconvenience and hope you can continue working with ease. If you would like to see this as a feature be implemented please fill out this feature request form. I like your idea and believe the development team should hear it too. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.