Skip to main content

I previously created a shareable link from my document and I want to disable it. I toggled "Shareable Link" to Off but the link still remains accessible. I also deleted the link from the collaborators but I see the same behaviour. How do I actually disable the shareable link?

Hi Nicholas thanks for posting in the community! Is it possible the users accessing this link have been added as collaborators on the document?

If you generate a sharable link disable it then ask a colleague to access the link the link will still work if your colleague is listed as a collaborator within the document sharing portal. If you believe this is not the functionality you are seeing please submit a support ticket so we can investigate further. 

If anyone else is experiencing issues with sharable links please check out this help center article and share your questions in this thread!

Thanks Abigail. I opened a support ticket and support determined it was because I also had the embed code activated. Deactivating the embed code made the link obey the shareable link being off

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

We can close this thread for now

Nick

Hi Nick thanks for sharing! For anyone else referencing this thread both embedded code and published links will cause sharable links to be accessible. If you would like to suggest this functionality be adjusted you can do so in this form.