Skip to main content

Creating a flow chart with swim lanes and am using same sized shapes and font size (Droid Sans 6pt) but at some point during zoom process I am clicking on something that makes everything shrink so shapes appear smaller and text that once fit inside the shape now overflows (I don't want to use the auto fit option as I want all text to be a specified size).  Have tried clicking on the various Zoom options within View tab resizing using standard zoom bar at bottom of page and adjusting Content Scale from within Page Settings but cannot figure out how to get back to my original set up.  I did wonder if my other chart had been corrupted in some way so created a new one from scratch.... everything was fine for 3hrs then I touched something that messed it up again - please help?

Hi Liz

Thanks for reaching out on the community. I'm having some trouble understanding what you are describing. Do you mind sending me a screenshot of what your document looks like now and a screenshot of what you would like it to look like so that I can get a better understanding of what you are experiencing? Thank you!

Thank you Abby this first image shows how it should look with Droid Sans 6pt text.  Note: the text in bottom left shape used to fit 

This next image shows you the same shapes but with one clicked on so you can see the actually text size has reduced to 4

Both used the same page settings

oh and here's a screen shot of another page showing same settings including grid size they are not identical

Hi Liz

Thanks for your response and for sending those screenshots.

Is it possible that you clicked the "Fit to Page" option in the Page Settings panel on the right-hand side of the editor?

This option resizes the document to be smaller. It will decrease the size of all of the shapes and the text in the document.

It also might be useful to check your Revision History if anearlier version of the document is a better fit you can restore it to that state. For more information on how to do this please read this Revision History help center article.

If this doesn't resolve the issue please let me know!