Skip to main content

Is it possible to convert exisiting swim lane process maps into a different template?

Hi @claudia s101 thanks for posting in the community! Would you mind sharing a bit more information about the different templates you are hoping to create? This information will help us understand your use-case and provide relevant advice! :)

In the meantime you can easily change the shapes used in your diagram by clicking the 'Change Shape' icon that appears next to your selected shape. 

Thanks in advance for your help and feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Hello I was hoping to take a completed swimlane process map and convert it into a different format / template. The template I wanted to convert it into is an internal business template built using BPMN2.0. I was looking for an option along the lines of select all convert to this specified tempate. Is that possible or must a process map be created using the template from the beginning with no option to change it later? Thank you!

Hi @claudia s101 thanks for following up with the additional information! While it's possible to insert a new template into an existing document it's unfortunately not possible to convert any existing diagrams into a different format. You will need to manually create the diagram based on the 'internal business' template. 

However I can see how a feature like that could be useful and have logged your request internally! If you'd like to add to the request in your own words I'd encourage you to fill in this feature request form or feel free to share in this thread! Requests submitted through that form are shared directly with our development team for their consideration. 

Thank you for your request and let me know if you have any questions!