Skip to main content

Hi

I have "shared" a custom shape library I created (by toggling "Share" on) with my team. In various documents I've seen the toggle button with "Team Share" next to it - which is not available to me. We have a team and a number of groups under that.

Ideally I would like my team members to help collaborate with the shape library so we can all add to it and edit items within it. Ideally it would be shared with just the group but allowing the whole team this access is acceptable. Is this currently possible?

Regards

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for posting in the community! Currently it is only possible to add shapes to your own custom shape libraries. However we are constantly looking for ways to improve. Would you mind adding your use case to our feature request form? Suggestions submitted via this form are passed directly to our product development team for their consideration. 

I would also like to see this support - without it the creator of the custom shape library becomes a bit of a bottleneck and collaboration and autonomy can be a bit limited. I addition updates to existing shapes should also be possible for the same reasons. I've submitted a feature request using the form linked above.

Hi! Has there been any movement on this feature? It would be a huge benefit to me and my team, who have to rely on one person to keep the shape library up-to-date.

Hi everyone! If you are on a Team or Enterprise account you can share your custom shape libraries with other Team and Enterprise account users by following these steps. Once you share a custom shape library, you can see and manage collaborators at the bottom of the Share menu under “Collaborators”. 

You can choose from three tiers of sharing permissions when sharing custom shape libraries:

• Can use means collaborators have access to the shapes in the shape library.
  • Can edit means collaborators can access, edit, and add shapes in the shape library.
  • Can edit and share means in addition to accessing, editing, and adding shapes in the shape library, collaborators can also share the library and adjust access permissions for others.

Select “Manage” on the bottom right-hand side of the sharing menu to edit collaborator permissions. 

You can set different permissions for each collaborator and adjust them any time. For more information how to enable and change sharing permissions for custom shape libraries, please review this help center article

Let us know if you have additional questions!