Skip to main content

I am creating a set of custom shape libraries. I wish to create a main menu and then sub-libraries for each specific area similar to how UML is structured.

Further I need to create clarifying icons for the custom menu entries. When I drag&drop the object from the drawing canvas to the library menu it uses a thumb-nail image of the shape which is relevantly in-discernable visually unless you hover over the icon.

Lastly once completed:

• I will need to deploy to our team

• I will need to continue to administrate this while in active use

• I will need to manage this with revisions of the shapes/menus as deployment goes forward

Thanks

Hi John! Thanks for adding to our Community and I'm happy you are using our Custom Shape Library feature! Unfortunately it is not possible to create sub-libraries or change the thumbnail that Lucidchart uses. I recognize the benefit of those features --Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form?

If you are on a Team or Enterprise account you can share your custom shape libraries with other Team and Enterprise account users by following these steps:  

1. Click +Shape Library icon at the bottom of the Shape menu.

2. Expand the “My libraries” dropdown in the left-side panel.

3. Select the custom library you want to share.

4. Click Share in the upper-right corner.

5. In the share window that appears add collaborators by name or email address.

6. Select Invite.

Collaborators can find and enable the custom shape library you’ve shared with them in the "Shared with Me" section of their shape library manager.
You will be able to share these libraries with your team have administrative controls of the folder and make changes to the folder(s) at anytime. Our Help Center article goes into more detail here.
Hope this helps you and your team!