Skip to main content

I’ve noticed when I turn on shadow for shapes that my table shape cells with border set to None have a tiny gray border on the export to PDF or print. Is that expected? 
I would expect the shadow should only affect the shape outline and not the individual cells. 

Hi @adzinic

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Do you mind providing a screenshot of the issue so I can take a closer look at the issue? 

I have provided 2 screenshots, one with shadow on and one with shadow off. This only seems to happen on the export, in the Lucidchart I can’t see these lines when shadow is on. 

Shadow OFF
Shadow ON

Hi @adzinic

Thank you for providing those screenshots. Could you try the following steps to see if they resolve the issue?

• Try the export in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Can you try making a copy of the document and exporting it again? 
  • Could you try exporting your document as another file type? 
  • Could you try disabling WebGL? 

If the issue persists, please send the following information:

• A description of the download settings (file type, document pages, cropping, quality, etc.) that you selected for the download.
  •  Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

Hello @Kelsey Gaag , apologies for a delay in coming back to you. I have tried the suggested and I can still see the lines when shadow is on for the object. I have tried exporting inn PNG and JPEG, those seems to not have those lines but quality was poor for the size of the drawing even at 300dpi. I’ve tried exporting to SVG and that removes the shadow of the object completely. Copying the document have same result. 

Download setting: File type PDF, Page 1, with cropping or without cropping same result. 
TEMP PIN : moBfEj9xFFKh

Hi @adzinic

Thanks for getting back to me with those details and trying those steps! After doing some further testing, it looks like this is the intended function of the Shadow feature. If it is added to a table without borders, it will shade the borders in the export.

However, as a workaround, you can add borders to your table, and select their color to be white. This will prevent them from showing up in the export with the shadow feature on. 

Hi @Kelsey Gaag, thanks for the sugesstion but my preference would be that I have the outer border in black with shadow and inside borders in white, and it seems I can change the colours of all the borders rather than individually. Thank you for looking into it. 

Hi @adzinic
Thank you for clarifying, if you change the borders to be white and apply the shadow, this will make the outer border black and the inside borders white. Is this what you are looking to have? 

Hey @Kelsey Gaag, shadow gives me just a very small outline, while a border would be about 2px of black. It is meant to look like attached screenshot with multiple rows/columns.

Hi @adzinic

Thank you for clarifying, is this what you would like the table to look like? This can be done by selecting no borders and then increasing the line width.

Hi @Kelsey Gaag, I am aware of that configuration but we are going back to the original problem, when the table is configured like that then I can see outline of the every cell when I am exporting to PDF if the shadow is enabled.

Hi @adzinic

Thank you for the reply! As mentioned previously, If shadow is added to a table without borders, it will shade the borders in the export. In order to have an outer border with no outline around the cells, you can set the line width and select no borders without the shadow feature. 

I would recommend posting your feedback about this functionality as in idea in our Product Feedback section. To do this, Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: