Skip to main content

I am attempting to sum a field in my org chart data (“Total Paid FTE:”) whereby I would like the total FTE of the shapes downstream from a particular shape.   I am using =SUM(DOWNSTREAMDEEP."Total Paid FTE"), which is working only on shapes with shapes reporting to them.   Those shapes which have no ‘downstream’ are showing 0 as the result.   Is there an IF function I can build in to show the FTE values of those shapes which terminate with no direct reports?     In the example below, there are FTE in all of the org units showng 0 values.

As an update - I also need to the sum to work correctly when the org levels are collapsed.  If I collapse the Org Culture shape, that reduces the overall FTE for HR by the corresponding value in Org Culture

Hi @Belinda F, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! My team and I are experimenting with a few different formulas at the moment, so I will update you when we have more information on how your formula should be formatted.

In the meantime, it’s worth noting that when a level is collapsed the blocks/data is no longer available to the formula.  But we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

I appreciate your help and patience!

Hi @Belinda F, thanks for your patience! After reviewing your image with some of our engineers, it's worth noting that DOWNSTREAM does not include itself, so I would recommend adding an additional field and the use a formula like =SUM(DOWNSTREAM."Total Paid FTE")+this."Paid FTE" (see example below):

If you would like further assistance, please provide a temporary Support PIN for this document. This will allow us to take a closer look at your data structure. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

For anyone else who may have questions about formulas, check out our Formulas Article from the Lucid Help Center!

Thank you - while that works when all shapes are expanded (despite the formulas displaying an error,) when the shapes are collapsed only the current shape’s totals are displayed.    I have generated a support PIN.   

Hi @Belinda F, I’m glad to hear that formula is working for you! As mentioned above, it is currently expected that when a level is collapsed the blocks/data is no longer available to the formula. However, if you would like to see this supported in our products, you can submit product feedback following the steps above. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Hello all - is there a way to round up the results of a formula?  Despite my using the Round to 2 decimals in Power Query in my data source, the formula result is displaying several integers after the decimal.    Formula is:  =SUM(DOWNSTREAMDEEP."Total Paid FTE")+THIS."Total Paid FTE"

Hi @Belinda F, Yes! You can round to a specified decimal place in your formula. We have the ROUND formula function that will round a number to a specified number of digits, as well as ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN which rounds up or down, respectively. The linked document will provide more information about how this needs to be formatted. Let me know if you have any further questions!