Skip to main content

I regularly am trying to use the "Alt+Drag" function to duplicate elements in my document but it continues to only allow the use of the hand tool to move around the board. This also occurs when trying to create connectors. Only sometimes does refreshing the page restore functionality. Often I have to log and out log back in but I cannot do that every two to three minutes! Very frustrated here. Any suggestions welcome.

Hey there 

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! In order to drag to select multiple items you should not need to hold Alt. Using Space bar and drag is to move around the canvas and simply dragging and dropping should select and you can utilize Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste. 

If this is not the case for you would you mind to try this action in an incognito window to rule out any browser extension interference that might be occurring? 

Thank you for your help and patience!

I'm not looking to click drag to select multiple items; I'm looking to click on one element using "Alt+Drag" to duplicate that element and place it where I want on the canvas. This is common functionality that makes working much more efficient than copy/paste then moving an element. I troubleshot this in an incognito browser window and had the same problem. After trying multiple times it did finally duplicate but it is inconsistent and buggy. 

Hey Joshua

Aha I see totally understood sorry for the confusion. Would you mind clarifying what type of browser and OS you are using? 

Thanks again for your help as we look a bit further into this! 

I am using Google Chrome and Windows 10 Pro v21H2

Hey Joshua

Thank you for the reply and details! Taking a look on our end--we are unable to reproduce this error on Windows or Mac. Would you mind letting me know if this error occurs in all of your documents or on a select few or even one? 

Thanks again for the help and patience!