Skip to main content

Is there a feature that allows me to manually move people on an org chart. By this, I am referring to moving them spatially on the board and not in a particular person’s organization/dept. 

Hi @rvassilatos, thanks for this post! I’m not sure I completely understand what you’re describing. If you’re saying that you want to relocate an individual employee by dragging and dropping, yes - this is possible! I’ve demonstrated in the GIF below:

If you mean manually positioning an employee tile outside of the more rigid hierarchy that an org chart defaults to, no - this isn’t currently supported, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re describing, please let me know!

Hi! Thank you for your response. Sorry for not being clearer, it’s a little difficult for me to explain. You showed moving a person/item from one hierarchy to another. I was looking to move a person/item in a specific direction the way one would move any other shape, however when done in the org chart environment, it automatically forces me to move it to another hierarchy 

@rvassilatos Thanks for clarifying! I understand what you mean. Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

As a workaround, you might find the suggestions in these two posts to be helpful:

thank you for the quick response! One more question - i have two organization charts on separate pages, I tried to copy one name and paste it into the other, but it wasn’t letting me essentially ‘combine’ the two org charts. Is that a feature available?

Yes, this is possible, and there are two options to do it. For the sake of a simple representation I’ve put my two separate org charts on the same page, but this is possible across pages of your document, too. The first option is to copy your org chart shapes directly under an existing employee to automatically build them into the hierarchy of the org chart. To do this, copy the org chart, select the employee you want to paste it under, and then paste. 

The other option is to make the two org charts a part of the same structure without actually assigning a position, which then will allow you to manually rearrange the shapes and position them as needed. To do this, instead of selecting a specific employee, you’ll select the other org chart as a whole by clicking on the dashed border. 

I hope this helps!