Skip to main content

I am very particular about shapes being aligned to the grid. On my Windows 10 systems I can use the arrow keys to move the shapes and the shapes snap into place the way that I want them. I have team members that are on Macs and they are telling me that the arrow keys don't move the shapes at all. They can do a Shift-arrow to move the shapes in small increments but they don't get the Snap to Grid feature that I am seeing by just pressing the arrows.

Hi there thanks for posting! It should be possible to move a selected shape using the arrow keys on both Mac and Windows.

Have your colleagues checked that Snap to Grid is enabled in their Page Settings? You can find more information about accessing your grid settings in this section of our Page and Document Settings article. If that doesn't help I recommend that they try this in a private/incognito window and an alternative browser just to rule out any browser-specific issues. 

I sometimes get this on Windows/Chrome.

It's not the page setting (I have checked before and after) as it generally works OK but sometimes after a while it just stops. 

If I restart the browser then it works OK again.

Any ideas?

Hey Adrian

Thank you for keeping this conversation going! As Emma recommended--try this in a private/incognito window and an alternative network just to rule out any browser/network-specific issues. 

If those steps don't resolve the issue would you mind reaching providing the following?

• Screenshot of the issue 
  • Can you send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).