Skip to main content

I want to be able to use smart containers to help easily organize lists by priority, but I can’t seem to find a way to customize the width of the smart container items. 

Each of my items has an extended description that needs to be displayed and the standard width of the smart container items is not workable.

Is there any way to access these settings and change them?

Thanks,

Reid

Hi @ReidCrandall

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Here are a few remarks about the Smart Containers customization options:

• All smart containers are automatically sized equally, which means all containers will match the size of the largest group. It’s not possible to manually adjust their height beyond that. 
  • Although it’s not possible to manually adjust the width of the containers/shapes, you can adjust the layout of the Smart Containers by increasing/decreasing the number of columns. To do that, toggle on "Wrap Containers" or "Wrap Shapes" in the Context panel and adjust the column quantity. 
  • When typing text into a shape that is longer than the container’s width, the text will be broken up and added to the line below to make it fit into the shape/container width. 

To learn more about this, please check out the Smart Containers article from the Lucid Help Center! 

While what you’re trying to do isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post: