Solved

Size of Org Chart shapes locked

• 25 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

It seems a recent change has prevented selecting more than one shape in an organisational chart and now rather than being able to modify multiple shapes at once using the dropdown. The values are locked. Previously we were able to edit these values when selecting multiple shapes, does anyone have alternative suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by Quadeshia 4 April 2024, 22:52

View original

Comments

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello @david_dick!

Thanks a lot for reaching out in the community. This is a great question!

For starters, I recommend viewing this community post as my colleague has provided a great visual representation on how to edit the Width and Heigh of shapes within your org chart.

I am also working with our product team to take a closer look at this feature and ensure there hasn’t been any changes we should beware of. I’ll be sure to keep you posted as I receive updates. I hope the above workaround support your needs. 

Thank you! :)

Badge +1

Thanks, the issue isn’t editing the sizes one at a time, it is editing them in bulk, we are confident that this was achievable previously by selecting multiple items.

If you select the Org Chart Component, and resize that it updates all the shapes at once, however we are looking to select and adjust just a specific set of org chart objects. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @david_dick ! Thank you for your response!

Our internal teams have taken a closer look. We have filed a bug for this issue.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you are welcome to us the “match size” feature.” 

Edit one shape to it’s ideal size for all or a group of shapes> select all the shapes in your org chart (including the edited one) then right-click the edited shape and select ‘Match size > Both width and height’. This will automatically format all the select shapes (bulk change) to match the size of edited one. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope this help support your concerns in the meantime. Please let me know if any additional questions arise. Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello @david_dick !

Good news! I have heard back from our development team, and it sounds like the issue you experienced should now be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues or have further questions. 😀