Solved

Unable to alter the Width and Height of an Org Chart Box

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I am always able to edit the width and height of any member within an Org chart, but specifically for this group of 230 employees I am not able to. I have created dozens of these without this issue? Can anyone help, is there a factor I am not considering?

icon

Best answer by Quadeshia 26 April 2024, 22:01

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @k.sandoval1, thank you for posting in the community! I was not able to reproduce the behaviour you have described. 

If possible, can you please share the temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing.

For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. This Support PIN doesn’t allow anyone but Lucid Support to take a look at your document, so you are safe to post it here.

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions!

Badge +1

Uu2PMQxCApXh

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @k.sandoval1, thank you for sharing the support PIN. I’m afraid I wasn’t able to take a closer look due to your organisation’s account settings - apologies for any confusion! 

Would you mind sharing some additional information about how this Org Chart was generated?

• What data source did you use to import (eg. Google Sheet, Excel, CSV)? 
  • Does the issue persist if you try to create a blank new document and re-import the data for the same 230 employees?

This will help us better understand the issue and narrow down any potential causes. 

Thank you for your help and please let us know if you have any questions! 

Badge +1
  • I used Excel
  • The issue now persists with any Org Chart I try to recreate. The same happens with other employees. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @k.sandoval1, thank you for following up and apologies for the continued trouble. Just to confirm my understanding, are you trying to change the size of individual employee shapes within your Org Chart?

It is expected that the width/height options for individual employee shapes are uneditable via ‘Shape Options’ tool. However, you should be able to manually change the shape of an individual shape by dragging the 4 corners of the shape. 

If you’d like the rest of your employee shapes to match the size of the edited one, you can select all the shapes in your org chart, then right-click the edited shape and select ‘Match size > Both width and height’. This will automatically format all the select shapes to match the size of edited one. 

I hope this helps! Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @k.sandoval1 

Quick update here - Good news! I have heard back from our development team, and it sounds like the issue you experienced should now be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues or have further questions. 😀