Skip to main content
I have been working on simplifying some basic work processes and used Lucidchart to map out the process flows. The feedback I have received however is that it's still too complicated.
Are there any tips or best practice that can be followed to ensure that the flowcharts are easily understood by all levels in the organization?

A link to one of the processes is listed here:
https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/bVnabhLSvmR7

Hi @ria s thanks for posting in the community. That is a great question!

I would recommend taking a look at our Diagramming Foundations course from the Lucid Training labs. This course shares some Lucidchart basics and best practices to help you create clear diagrams collaborate and convey your work in a way that drives alignment and promotes action across teams. 

If you're interested in learning about other topics our Training Labs also provides a wide range of topics that may be useful for your usecase. 

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. I hope this helps!

Thank you for the tip Leianne! The Diagramming Foundations Course was well put together and very helpful. My challenge is that the users of various processes have a preference for a particular "look". For example some prefer swimlane diagrams to distinguish responsible persons. Others prefer a generic flow showing systematic steps. I prefer to keep the process flow Diagrams consistent throughout the organization. Others don't share my view however.

Hi @ria s thanks for checking out the Diagramming Foundations Course and sharing that feedback! I'm glad to hear that the course was helpful :)

Our team just shared a community post today which has some great templates for documenting processes. This might help with inspiration for creating a diagram that can be easily understood by all levels in your organization! Hope this helps!

Thank you for sharing Leianne. I've had a look at the community post and it's quite helpful

Thanks for that feedback Ria so glad that our post was helpful! If you would like to please feel free to share in this thread when you find a solution to your challenge - we love hearing about how everyone uses Lucid 🙌