Skip to main content
Solved

Sharing Layered Diagram with Non-Users - Default to Preso Mode?

• 11 July 2024
  • 4 replies

New user here - I’ve looked through all the help docs and done a lot of Googling, but can’t find an answer for this. Appreciate any guidance you can provide...

I have created a multi-layer diagram that I need to share with an executive audience. These execs don’t have Lucid licenses. When they click the link I provide from Lucid to view the material, I want them to land directly on the document in the presentation mode showing layer 1 to start - like it would be if we were in a conference room together with me sharing it on a big screen. How do I accomplish this?

I can’t use the PDF version to export, because it “breaks” the toggling of layers (it shows layers on separate pages, which is not a great experience for this group of users). I tried sharing a link, but it drops the person into what looks like the edit view of the app - which is a big turn-off for people who have zero experience with the tool and frankly no interest in or time for seeing all of that. I’m not sure if we see it that way because we have licenses, and these non-licensed users would see it differently.

I’ve been able to easily figure out every other aspect of the complex (to me!) diagram that I needed to create - layers, actions, etc. - but this has be stumped. HELP!

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @shedietz,

When you have your document open, go to File > Publish > select Full document (URL) > Generate link. This link will allow you to have a View-only access to the document (without the user experience) while still being able to toggle off and on the layers of your diagram. No Lucid account is required to view the document that way. This is how the experience would look like for example: 

AD_4nXdvtuVXqgEAZDNBZwVJsloM6KKFpPwI34AM9rADmo89h-Vs3aL3O5s9u0BmW21fDfJ2XffUPsEC5F-iJ5fWi4KYZPqMJFyArS332CxMo9DVqXgArXGT7j8ccsVYW4Tt-ARiSv75auT9iil3PPO1tqOlIXy8?key=BbJK5plhfLFtKc_FTnCKcQ

Let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions or concerns!

Badge +1

I don’t have a Publish option under File.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @shedietz,

In this case, the publishing and embedding features were not enabled on your account. I would recommend reaching out to an admin to ask them to enable them. If you aren't sure who the administrator of the account is, I recommend contacting your internal IT team. 

When it comes to printing or exporting a document with layers, it will automatically make all layers visible and on top of each other. To fix this, switch the views of layers the way you would like it to appear when it’s printed/exported, and then click “sync visibility” in the layers manager.

I hope this helped and let me know if you have any other concerns! 

Badge +1

Thanks...it turns out that our IT Security team doesn’t like something about Publish, so has it deactivated it for everyone in the company...sigh. Back to the drawing board. I have a call set up with them next week to see if they can help me find another way using the features that ARE available to me. Thanks again for your help.