Skip to main content

Hello, this is my first time using Lucid and Lucidchart, and I don’t know what to do. When adding shapes, they turn invisible, and the only way for me to see and edit them is to find and select them. It also shows the added shapes, kind of like a kaleidoscope of the actual flowchart I’m trying to create. It looks like a miniature version of my chart but is also incomplete. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

Hi @JCLSD 

First, verify that the shapes opacity isn't set too low or hidden. Adjust opacity settings in the Shape Options menu if necessary.

Next, check the layers panel represented by a stack of papers icon to ensure your shapes aren't on a hidden layer. Manage layers by renaming, deleting, reordering, locking, or hiding them as needed.

Finally, if shapes still don't appear correctly, there might be an issue with the shape library. Press M on your keyboard, locate your desired shape library, and select Use Selected Shapes to re-add it.

More help can be found in this article –

Standard shapes not showing up in library | Community (lucid.co)

5 Hacks You Didn’t Know You Could Do in Lucidchart | Lucidchart Blog

--------------------------------------------------------------

We also look forward to hearing from other community members and associates, who may have alternative suggestions that could better address your requirements.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Hi @JCLSD

What are the names of the shapes you are using?